Monday 25 April 2011

Happy Easter

Just to wish you a very Happy Easter. Sorry it's a little late - our internet disappeared yesterday. I hope you've enjoyed celebrating the resurrection of our saviour.

Easter here has been without the familiar traditions and songs, but we have carved celebrations of our own. On Thursday night, a handful of local men gathered with Joyce, Gordon and I to read the Bible, break bread and drink wine (well it was actually mango juice). Sitting outside the tukals, beneath the palm trees of Marol, as the stars emerged in the sky, it really felt a God given blessing. And then on Easter Sunday I ate fresh mangoes for breakfast, sat with my friend's son on my lap as I met him for the first time and worshipped with our brothers and sisters in the middle of South Sudan. For my own treat last night, I drank pineapple juice and digestive biscuits (bought from Wau) as I reread the Easter story. A beautiful day and God is here.


I pray that you know God with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment