Tuesday 29 May 2012

As I Travel to Unity

This is just a quick note, as I travel through the urban sprawl of Rumbek on my way to Unity State. The week has been filled with adventures. There is so much prayer needed for this land and especially for those at the cattle camps who face violence and the fear of it on a daily basis. Yet, I have been grateful to sit with strangers, drink fresh milk, sip warm tea and listen to their stories. It is such a privilege. And I am grateful that I have been kept safe as I travel.

As I type, rain is pouring down and the compound's paths have long been flooded to resemble a large lake. Our long (five or six hour) journey to Unity State tomorrow promises to be full of mud. I would really appreciate your prayers. I am tempted to be tired, but am also aware that it is a true privilege to go to the grazing lands in Unity State and spend time with a people I may never have the chance to meet again. I am sure God can travel with me.

A few hundred miles away, the teachers have safely settled at Marol. Please pray that this new community grows to be a family as fast as it did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment